- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
NSAC: Nick Diaz tested positive for Marijuana metabolites at UFC 143
On Tuesday night it looked like we would see a rematch between the UFC 143 main event competitors Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit as UFC President Dana White tweeted that evening that Condit had agreed to face Diaz in a rematch, defending the interim UFC welterweight title he captured when he took the unanimous decision victory from Diaz at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Today any chance of an immediate rematch went up in smoke when the Nevada State Athletic Commission released the news that Diaz had tested positive for marijuana.
“Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed,” revealed NSAC Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer.
This is not the first positive test in Diaz’s career. He also tested positive following his 2007 victory over Takanori Gomi when he was fighting for PRIDE. That positive test, also in Las Vegas and under the umbrella of the NSAC, resulted in a six-month suspension as well as the result being changed to a no contest. In addition Diaz was fined 20 percent of his purse.
Following his loss to Condit on Saturday, Diaz all but announced his official retirement from MMA. One wonders how this news will impact that decision.
The questions now turn to, what’s not only next for Diaz, but also for Condit and for Georges St-Pierre who had so badly wanted to face Diaz inside the Octagon.