- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
NSAC: Nick Diaz tested positive for Marijuana metabolites at UFC 143
On Tuesday night it looked like we would see a rematch between the UFC 143 main event competitors Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit as UFC President Dana White tweeted that evening that Condit had agreed to face Diaz in a rematch, defending the interim UFC welterweight title he captured when he took the unanimous decision victory from Diaz at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Today any chance of an immediate rematch went up in smoke when the Nevada State Athletic Commission released the news that Diaz had tested positive for marijuana.
“Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed,” revealed NSAC Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer.
This is not the first positive test in Diaz’s career. He also tested positive following his 2007 victory over Takanori Gomi when he was fighting for PRIDE. That positive test, also in Las Vegas and under the umbrella of the NSAC, resulted in a six-month suspension as well as the result being changed to a no contest. In addition Diaz was fined 20 percent of his purse.
Following his loss to Condit on Saturday, Diaz all but announced his official retirement from MMA. One wonders how this news will impact that decision.
The questions now turn to, what’s not only next for Diaz, but also for Condit and for Georges St-Pierre who had so badly wanted to face Diaz inside the Octagon.