- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Mike Russow: Victory over Fabricio Werdum would kick my career into high gear
Next week, UFC Heavyweight veteran Mike Russow will step inside the Octagon for the fifth time in his MMA career, facing his toughest challenge to date. Russow will be fighting Fabricio Werdum in the co-main event of UFC 147 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, with sights on getting himself in the mix for a shot at the UFC Heavyweight title. Thirty-five year old heavy hitter knows Fabricio Werdum is the man to beat, in order to prove he’s not just a “gatekeeper” in the UFC.
Quote via MMAMania.com:
“This is the biggest fight of my career. I’m going to be the big underdog. I always am the underdog. Everyone writes me off. Here’s this guy, he looks overweight, he’s got a stomach; that’s fine with me. I’m confident in myself. This upcoming fight is a huge fight for me. To be going against a guy fifth in the world and going to Brazil to fight him in his hometown, this could really kick my career into high gear.”
So what do you think, LowKick’ers? Yours truly ranked Mike Russow at #10 on our most recent Heavyweight rankings. In my humble opinion, Russow is currently one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. His record speaks for itself, and the fact that he’s (technically) competing since 1998, gives a clear indication that Fabricio Werdum will be testing his skills against a worthy opponent on June 23rd. Do you think Mike Russow could become a threat in the UFC Heavyweight division? Use your keyboard in the comments section below!