- Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard Added To UFC 189
- Gunnar Nelson Returns Against John Hathaway At UFC 189
- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
Mike Russow: Victory over Fabricio Werdum would kick my career into high gear
Next week, UFC Heavyweight veteran Mike Russow will step inside the Octagon for the fifth time in his MMA career, facing his toughest challenge to date. Russow will be fighting Fabricio Werdum in the co-main event of UFC 147 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, with sights on getting himself in the mix for a shot at the UFC Heavyweight title. Thirty-five year old heavy hitter knows Fabricio Werdum is the man to beat, in order to prove he’s not just a “gatekeeper” in the UFC.
Quote via MMAMania.com:
“This is the biggest fight of my career. I’m going to be the big underdog. I always am the underdog. Everyone writes me off. Here’s this guy, he looks overweight, he’s got a stomach; that’s fine with me. I’m confident in myself. This upcoming fight is a huge fight for me. To be going against a guy fifth in the world and going to Brazil to fight him in his hometown, this could really kick my career into high gear.”
So what do you think, LowKick’ers? Yours truly ranked Mike Russow at #10 on our most recent Heavyweight rankings. In my humble opinion, Russow is currently one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. His record speaks for itself, and the fact that he’s (technically) competing since 1998, gives a clear indication that Fabricio Werdum will be testing his skills against a worthy opponent on June 23rd. Do you think Mike Russow could become a threat in the UFC Heavyweight division? Use your keyboard in the comments section below!