- Edson Barboza: If Bobby Green Makes A Misstep, I’ll Knock Him Out
- Fabricio Werdum Accepts Jon Jones’ Super Fight Challenge
- Anthony Pettis Upset By Duke Roufus Accusations
- UFC Fight Night 57 LowKick Staff Predictions
- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Results: Edgar vs Swanson Is Official
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
Melvin Guillard Vs Thiago Tavares set for UFC 114
In recent contests noted striker Melvin Guillard has been coming up against world class grapplers and submission experts. Winning four of his last five fights, including victories over Jiu Jitsu specialists Ronys Torres and Gleison Tibau, Guillard said:
“I think Joe Silva (UFC Matchmaker) has it in for me,it’s not frustrating because i know its a hole in my game. Once i start beating these Jiu Jitsu guys then that makes a mark for me as one of the greatest fighters, even before i win a title”
Tavares enters this bout in need of a convincing victory after starting his career with a 10-0 record which gained him a contract with the ufc he has had mixed results with a 4-3-1 record in the biggest MMA promotions. His last outing ended in a majority draw at UFC fight night 20 in january against Nik Lentz.
Tavares and Guillard were meant to meet in the june 2009 finale of TUF but tibau had to step in for an injured Tavares.