- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
Mark Munoz says Chael Sonnen cheated and still lost to him in college wrestling
Top Middleweight contender Mark Munoz recounts a “wrestling duel” against Chael Sonnen during his years at Oklahoma State University. According to Munoz, Sonnen attempted to turn the match in his favor by utilizing illegal holds, but was still defeated “pretty handily” by “The Filipino Wrecking Machine.”
In the time since this interview was conducted, Munoz went on to defeat Chris Leben at UFC 138, extending his winning streak to four consecutive fights. While the promotion has yet to confirm the bout, Munoz vs. Sonnen will reportedly headline the upcoming UFC on Fox 2 card, with the winner emerging as the division’s new number-one contender. Photo: Francis Specker
“(Chael Sonnen and I) competed in college together. He wrestled at Oregon; I wrestled at Oklahoma State. We end up dueling, which is just a one-team duel, a one-team competition between two schools. So, I end up matching up with him at 184 pounds. We end up going at it and I end up beating him pretty handily. But, in that fight, he tried to submit me in a kneebar and then changed it into a heel hook. Not a legal move in wrestling. He tried doing that to me, and I felt my ankle pop and was like ‘aaaahhh,’ and I knew that he did it so that he could try to come back. I was actually beating him pretty handily and got upset during that match and was just ruthless in that fight afterwards.”
Further Reading: Chael Sonnen vs. Mark Munoz possible for UFC on Fox 2 Main Event