- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Opponent Unkown
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
- Jorge Masvidal Is Not Happy Fighting Al Iaquinta
- Renan Barao Warns TJ Dillashaw He’ll Be Waiting
- Conor McGregor: We Will Take Dos Anjos Without A Problem
- Brock Lesnar Closes Door On MMA Comeback, Returns To WWE
Lyoto Machida says "it was not Minotauro’s day"
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, undefeated Lyoto Machida, stated that his idol Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira simply had a bad day at the main event of UFC 110 in Australia. Machida, who trains alongside Minotauro Nogueira in the elite Blackhouse Gym, discussed the event in his interview to TATAME.com:
“Unfortunately, it wasn’t his day. Cain is very well and hit it in the spot. MMA is like that; you can win or lose in seconds. I was very sad with Minotauro’s loss, because I know he worked hard to this fight. But I liked the Wanderlei Silva fight, always in his aggressive style, fighting forward. He defeated Michael Bisping, and he really deserved it.”
Lyoto Machida will face Shogun Rua at UFC 113, in a UFC 104 main event rematch for the UFC Light Heavyweight Title. According to the reports, Lyoto Machida has fully recovered from injuries and is ready to begin his preparations for the fight against Rua.