- NAC Director Doubts Tim Kennedy’s UFC 178 Loss Will Be Overturned
- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
Kenny Florian expected to debut at Featherweight against Diego Nunes at UFC 131
After hinting at a possible transition to 145-pounds earlier this month, Florian made the announcement while co-hosting ESPN’s “MMA Live” Friday night. The June match-up will mark the fourth weight class he has competed in under the UFC banner.
Florian (13-5) began his UFC career as a Middleweight while competing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. After losing in the finale to Diego Sanchez, he dropped to Welterweight where he went 2-0 before making a 9-3 run at Lightweight. In his latest outing at UFC 118, Florian found himself just one win away from a third shot at the 155-pound title, but was out-wrestled by top contender Gray Maynard en-route to a unanimous decision loss.
Diego Nunes (16-1) signed with the WEC in 2008, where he went 4-1 before the promotion was absorbed by the UFC last fall. In his octagon debut at UFC 125, he defeated former division champion Mike Brown via split decision to improve his win streak to three. His sole professional loss came by decision to former WEC Featherweight L.C. Davis.
UFC 131 is expected to take place on June 11th from the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and feature a Heavyweight showdown between TUF 13 coaches Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos.