- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
Kenny Florian expected to debut at Featherweight against Diego Nunes at UFC 131
After hinting at a possible transition to 145-pounds earlier this month, Florian made the announcement while co-hosting ESPN’s “MMA Live” Friday night. The June match-up will mark the fourth weight class he has competed in under the UFC banner.
Florian (13-5) began his UFC career as a Middleweight while competing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. After losing in the finale to Diego Sanchez, he dropped to Welterweight where he went 2-0 before making a 9-3 run at Lightweight. In his latest outing at UFC 118, Florian found himself just one win away from a third shot at the 155-pound title, but was out-wrestled by top contender Gray Maynard en-route to a unanimous decision loss.
Diego Nunes (16-1) signed with the WEC in 2008, where he went 4-1 before the promotion was absorbed by the UFC last fall. In his octagon debut at UFC 125, he defeated former division champion Mike Brown via split decision to improve his win streak to three. His sole professional loss came by decision to former WEC Featherweight L.C. Davis.
UFC 131 is expected to take place on June 11th from the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and feature a Heavyweight showdown between TUF 13 coaches Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos.