- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
Josh Barnett is not in a hurry to re-join the UFC
“I want to win the Strikeforce heavyweight title. That’s what I came out here to do, and the way I see things, that’s the logical conclusion to all this, and create a good example with it. Carry the belt high, and take on all challengers.
Eventually, if the opportunity comes to fight in the UFC against Cain (Velasquez) or whoever the champion may be at the time, that would be an amazing opportunity, as well. But the thing is, you go chasing after these things, or you need this to validate what you’re doing, chances are you’re going to make it that much harder for you to get ahold of it. I don’t need to go out and face them. I’m going to make it where they’re going to have to come out and face me. That’s the way I’m going to do it.” – MMAJunkie.com
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Josh “The Warmaster” Barnett will face Sergei Kharitonov in the semi-final of Strikeforce Heavyweight GP, taking place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 10th. Thirty-three year old Barnett, 30-5 in MMA, fought for the last time in the UFC back on March 22nd of 2002. Barnett defeated Couture via TKO at UFC 36 to become the new Heavyweight Champion, but was later stripped of his title due to a failed drug test.
UFC President Dana White stated on numerous occasions that Josh Barnett (who according to White “single-handedly destroyed Affliction”) will never fight under the Ultimate Fighting Championship banner. However, judging by the pictures from UFC Fighter Summit, it looks like the pair burried the hatchet, so the way for Barnett to re-join the UFC may now be free of any “personal obstacles”.