- Junior Dos Santos: Alistair Overeem Isn’t As Buff As He Was Before
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
Jon Jones defeats Ryan Bader, gets UFC Light Heavyweight TItle Shot
UFC Light Heavyweight attraction Jon “Bones” Jones continued his impressive run in the UFC, this time defeating Ryan Bader via a modified Guillotine Choke. Jones dominated the talented wrestler in Bader with a complete ground control, boxing and leg kicks, making another statement about his legitimacy as one of top fighters in the UFC Light Heavyweight division.
Ryan Bader did not take Jon Jones down even once, what was originally considered as one of the most important aspects of his gameplan. Instead, Bader was forced to stand with Jones, who enjoyed a significant reach advantage. It was a Checkmate at 4:20 minutes of Round 2, when Jon Jones applied a tight Guillotine Choke from the top, as Ryan Bader tapped out for the first time in his MMA career.
Key moment came in after the fight, when the UFC Color Commentator Joe Rogan announced that Rashad Evans is injured, and that UFC President Dana White wants to give Jon Jones a shot at Shogun Rua’s Light Heavyweight title. The fight will go down in just one month on March 19th, headlining the stacked UFC 128 fight card.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more info on Rashad Evans’s injury, and the decision behind awarding Jon Jones a title shot.