- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- Urijah Faber Plans To Shake Up Featherweight By Defeating Frankie Edgar
- Rafael Dos Anjos: I Go In The Octagon To Kill A Guy
- Tyron Woodley Would Return To Meet Johny Hendricks At UFC 189
- Floyd Mayweather Vacates Titles: ‘It’s Time For Other Fighters’
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Scorecard & Punch Statistics
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Jon Jones defeats Ryan Bader, gets UFC Light Heavyweight TItle Shot
UFC Light Heavyweight attraction Jon “Bones” Jones continued his impressive run in the UFC, this time defeating Ryan Bader via a modified Guillotine Choke. Jones dominated the talented wrestler in Bader with a complete ground control, boxing and leg kicks, making another statement about his legitimacy as one of top fighters in the UFC Light Heavyweight division.
Ryan Bader did not take Jon Jones down even once, what was originally considered as one of the most important aspects of his gameplan. Instead, Bader was forced to stand with Jones, who enjoyed a significant reach advantage. It was a Checkmate at 4:20 minutes of Round 2, when Jon Jones applied a tight Guillotine Choke from the top, as Ryan Bader tapped out for the first time in his MMA career.
Key moment came in after the fight, when the UFC Color Commentator Joe Rogan announced that Rashad Evans is injured, and that UFC President Dana White wants to give Jon Jones a shot at Shogun Rua’s Light Heavyweight title. The fight will go down in just one month on March 19th, headlining the stacked UFC 128 fight card.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more info on Rashad Evans’s injury, and the decision behind awarding Jon Jones a title shot.