- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57 Joe Benavidez vs Dustin Ortiz Highlights
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Bonuses: Frankie Edgar Pockets Extra $50,000
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Fight Night 57 Main Card Results: Frankie Edgar Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Metamoris 5 Results: Gracie vs Sakuraba Ends In Draw
- UFC Fight Night 57 Preliminary Card Results: VanZant Tops Curran
Jon Fitch: I am just one win away from another shot at Georges St Pierre
UFC Welterweight contender Jon Fitch stated that if he beats Thiago Alves in their fight at UFC 111, he should get an immediate title shot. Jon Fitch is confident in his abilities to challenge Georges St Pierre for the second time, and if he beats Thiago “The Pitbull” Alves he will have a very strong argument for the title shot:
“If I stop him, I don’t see how they could deny me a shot at GSP,” Fitch said on HDNet’s Inside MMA. “At that point I would have stopped someone twice that GSP couldn’t finish in five rounds, so I think that’s a very strong argument for me to get a title shot.”
If not to mention the Unanimous Decision loss to Georges St Pierre, Fitch is currently undefeated since 2002(!), with a notable TKO victory over Thiago Alves at UFC Fight Night 5, but this time Jon Fitch thinks that Thiago Alves will be a far more dangerous opponent that three years ago:
“Mentally he’s matured a great deal in that time period,” Fitch said. “He was pretty young when we fought. … His wrestling defense is much better and he’s harder to take down. He’s stronger and I think he’s matured physically. Maybe he’s a little bit slower. We’ll see. … I’m a much better athlete than I was a couple years ago. I’m a much improved fighter from when I first fought, and so is he.”
Jon Fitch and Thiago Alves will square off at UFC 111 on March 27th. UFC 111 is expected to be a stacked card with high-profile bouts like Georges St Pierre vs. Dan Hardy, and Frank Mir who will face Shane Carwin for the Interim UFC Heavyweight title and a shot at Brock Lesnar.