- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Michael Bisping to coach at TUF 14
Fans of The Ultimate Fighter were disappointed when Chael Sonnen wasn’t able to get relicensed by the California State Athletic Commission. The UFC had originally intended for Chael to be a coach on the show opposite Michael Bisping, but now viewers of the show will be in for a treat. Jason “Mayhem” Miller is no stranger to reality television as he is known through out the world as the host of MTV’s popular show “Bully Beatdown“. Today, UFC President made the official announcement to The Underground:
UFC President Dana White revealed exclusively to the Underground that middleweight’s Michael Bisping and Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller will coach the fourteenth installment of the Ultimate Fighter reality show.
Speculation has been spread throughout the MMA world on who would fill the roles, from Chael Sonnen, to Michael Bisping, Georges St. Pierre, Nick Diaz, and more. The position was confirmed to have been gone to Chael Sonnen, but his recent troubles with the California State Athletic Commission seem to have made that impossible.
The 14th season of the Ultimate Fighter is expected to include featherweights and bantamweight, a first for the reality show, and will start filming soon.
The UFC President also confirmed that the two will square off in the cage at a yet to be determined date and event. White said that Miller’s scheduled bout with Aaron Simpson for UFC 132 will not take place, but Simpson will get a new opponent.
Longtime fans of TUF should also be very familiar with Michael Bisping. Bisping fighting at Light-Heavyweight won TUF 3 back in 2006 and was a coach opposite Dan Henderson for TUF 9: United States vs. United Kingdom.
Keep it on lock with Lowkick.com for more news on the upcoming season of TUF and also check out my weekly analysis / recap of the current season.
Michael Bisping at the Ultimate Fighting Champion Championship UFC 66 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on December 30, 2006. Photo credit: Francis Specker