- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Michael Bisping to coach at TUF 14
Fans of The Ultimate Fighter were disappointed when Chael Sonnen wasn’t able to get relicensed by the California State Athletic Commission. The UFC had originally intended for Chael to be a coach on the show opposite Michael Bisping, but now viewers of the show will be in for a treat. Jason “Mayhem” Miller is no stranger to reality television as he is known through out the world as the host of MTV’s popular show “Bully Beatdown“. Today, UFC President made the official announcement to The Underground:
UFC President Dana White revealed exclusively to the Underground that middleweight’s Michael Bisping and Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller will coach the fourteenth installment of the Ultimate Fighter reality show.
Speculation has been spread throughout the MMA world on who would fill the roles, from Chael Sonnen, to Michael Bisping, Georges St. Pierre, Nick Diaz, and more. The position was confirmed to have been gone to Chael Sonnen, but his recent troubles with the California State Athletic Commission seem to have made that impossible.
The 14th season of the Ultimate Fighter is expected to include featherweights and bantamweight, a first for the reality show, and will start filming soon.
The UFC President also confirmed that the two will square off in the cage at a yet to be determined date and event. White said that Miller’s scheduled bout with Aaron Simpson for UFC 132 will not take place, but Simpson will get a new opponent.
Longtime fans of TUF should also be very familiar with Michael Bisping. Bisping fighting at Light-Heavyweight won TUF 3 back in 2006 and was a coach opposite Dan Henderson for TUF 9: United States vs. United Kingdom.
Keep it on lock with Lowkick.com for more news on the upcoming season of TUF and also check out my weekly analysis / recap of the current season.
Michael Bisping at the Ultimate Fighting Champion Championship UFC 66 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on December 30, 2006. Photo credit: Francis Specker