- Roy Nelson Jokes He’ll Model ‘Butt Hurt’ Velasquez With ‘White Pride’ Tattoo
- Report: Mark Hunt Currently 19 Pounds Over Heavyweight Limit
- Travis Browne Leaves Jackson’s MMA For Glendale Training Center
- UFC Fight Night 52 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Gilbert Melendez & Eddie Alvarez Trade Barbs
- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
Hardy sets up GSP
DAN HARDY set up a welterweight title showdown with Georges St Pierre by outclassing Mike Swick at UFC 105.
The British star underlined his status as the UK’s No1 mixed martial artist with a unanimous decision victory over the American.
Hardy, 27, controlled the action in the opening round and landed a series of solid knees and body shots early on.
The second period saw Hardy continue his assault, with a heavy counter hook rocking the Texan soon after the restart.
A strong elbow from the British ace was followed up with a series of punches which took their toll on his opponent.
Both men then exchanged hooks before Hardy finished the round strongly with two clean shots.
The final period saw Hardy land a vicious body kick as he seized total command of the fight.
The Outlaw was landing at will and scored a big takedown which was followed up with more elbows inside Swick’s guard, opening up a nasty cut.
With the action returning to stand up for the final moments of the fight, the pair clinched and Hardy closed out proceedings with some strong knees to seal the biggest win of his career.
After the bout, 170lbs champion St Pierre entered the cage, but the Canadian star holds no fear for Hardy.
The Brit said: “He is only human, he is not unbeatable.”
St Pierre replied: “He is a big, big threat to my title and I look forward to the challenge.”