- Invicta FC 11 Weigh-In Results: Cyborg vs. Tweet Official In Los Angeles
- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
Hardy sets up GSP
DAN HARDY set up a welterweight title showdown with Georges St Pierre by outclassing Mike Swick at UFC 105.
The British star underlined his status as the UK’s No1 mixed martial artist with a unanimous decision victory over the American.
Hardy, 27, controlled the action in the opening round and landed a series of solid knees and body shots early on.
The second period saw Hardy continue his assault, with a heavy counter hook rocking the Texan soon after the restart.
A strong elbow from the British ace was followed up with a series of punches which took their toll on his opponent.
Both men then exchanged hooks before Hardy finished the round strongly with two clean shots.
The final period saw Hardy land a vicious body kick as he seized total command of the fight.
The Outlaw was landing at will and scored a big takedown which was followed up with more elbows inside Swick’s guard, opening up a nasty cut.
With the action returning to stand up for the final moments of the fight, the pair clinched and Hardy closed out proceedings with some strong knees to seal the biggest win of his career.
After the bout, 170lbs champion St Pierre entered the cage, but the Canadian star holds no fear for Hardy.
The Brit said: “He is only human, he is not unbeatable.”
St Pierre replied: “He is a big, big threat to my title and I look forward to the challenge.”