- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
Dan Hardy plans to go for the knockout against GSP
Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy will face Geroges St-Pierre at UFC 111 on March 27th. Recently GSP is been looking unstoppable as he has beaten top fighters such as Jon Fitch, BJ Penn and Thiago Alves. When asked what kind of gameplan Hardy will bring to his fight he had a simple answer;
“It’s difficult because he is looking good at the moment and it’s difficult spotlight to be in, but all I need to do is land that one punch and that’s all I’m interested in. My game is striking. He knows that. I know that. It’s going to be no suprsie that he’s going to want to take me down, and I’m going to want to knock him out,” said Hardy
Hary believes that he has the talent and the ability to not only defeat one of the p4p best fighters in the world but to knock him out cold. Hardy’s main gameplan will be too keep the fight standing as he believes that GSP does not have the kickboxing skills he has.
“I don’t think his striking is particularly brilliant. He’s a great fighter, don’t get me wrong, but he’s a great well-rounded fighter. In a kickboxing match, I’d be able to play with him pretty much,” stated Hardy.
“The thing that makes him effective with his striking is his ability to take people down. So he’s effective because people are scared of the takedown, and because they’re scared of the takedown they’re not putting fists on him, which is how he’s winning his fights. Serra went in there with a different frame of mind, you know, let’s put some fists on him and see what happens, and we all know what happened.”
Hardy plans to shock the world like Serra did back in 2007, when he knocked out GSP for the title. The title fight between Hardy and GSP takes place on March 27, at UFC 111, other match ups include an interm-heavyweight title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin and a welterweight bout between Jon Fitch and Thiago Alves.