- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Guida Speaks Ahead Of Gugerty Bout
Clay “The Carpenter” Guida steps into the cage at UFC LIVE: Vera vs Jones coming off two defeats, to Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian, with the view of ending his losing streak with a win over Shannon Gugerty. Guida (25-11) will meet (12-4) Gugerty in a high anticipated lightweight match on March 21st.
Speaking about his opponent, Guida said:
“He’s very skilled, very tough. He’s won a lot of good competitions on the West Coast. I saw his first fight, and he had a very good fight against Spencer Fisher in that one. I was there, and I was very impressed—I was like, who is this guy? He beat a strong grappler in Matt Grice, and I think Matt and I have a lot of similar aspects in our wrestling, but I think I might be more MMA wrestling based. He’s certainly nobody that I’m looking past. I’m going to come out and attack,” he says. “I’m going to attack Shannon. He’s a great guy, but this is my time.”
He then spoke about his desire to return to his wrestling roots, with recent fights seeing him focus mainly on his striking skills, which won him 2 “fight of the night” honours in his match with Diego Sanchez and Nate Diaz:
“I’ve rededicated myself, I’m completely remotivated. I just need to get back theold Clay—getting them to the ground, going from my strikes to putting them on their back and making them panic in there. I’m a good grappler and my ground-and-pound is second to none in there. I just need to make them miserable.”