- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Gomi gets BJ Penn if he beats Florian
Recently signed lightweight, Takanori Gomi, who has beaten high caliber fighters such as: Aurelio, Sakurai, Kawajiri, Pulver and Costa, has signed on to fight one of the best lightweights in the world Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night which takes place on March 31st. In a recent interview UFC President Dana White said that if Gomi beats Florian he gets a shot at BJ Penn.
Takanori Gomi will almost certainly face BJ Penn in his second fight for the UFC, company president Dana White says, provided he gets past Kenny Florian first and Penn is still the lightweight champion after he fights Frankie Edgar on April 12th. “But BJ has a fight with Frankie Edgar in Abu Dhabi on 4/12 and Gomi still needs to fight Kenny. So until that happens we can’t make a decision. But I’ll tell you, if Gomi beats Kenny, I definitely will consider a match with BJ.”
If Gomi is able to defeat Florian many believe, including Dana White, it is going to get Gomi alot of attention from everyone including BJ Penn, resulting in a possible rematch between the king of lightweights and Gomi who was considered at one point one of the best lightweights in the world.