- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Gomi gets BJ Penn if he beats Florian
Recently signed lightweight, Takanori Gomi, who has beaten high caliber fighters such as: Aurelio, Sakurai, Kawajiri, Pulver and Costa, has signed on to fight one of the best lightweights in the world Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night which takes place on March 31st. In a recent interview UFC President Dana White said that if Gomi beats Florian he gets a shot at BJ Penn.
Takanori Gomi will almost certainly face BJ Penn in his second fight for the UFC, company president Dana White says, provided he gets past Kenny Florian first and Penn is still the lightweight champion after he fights Frankie Edgar on April 12th. “But BJ has a fight with Frankie Edgar in Abu Dhabi on 4/12 and Gomi still needs to fight Kenny. So until that happens we can’t make a decision. But I’ll tell you, if Gomi beats Kenny, I definitely will consider a match with BJ.”
If Gomi is able to defeat Florian many believe, including Dana White, it is going to get Gomi alot of attention from everyone including BJ Penn, resulting in a possible rematch between the king of lightweights and Gomi who was considered at one point one of the best lightweights in the world.