- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Gomi gets BJ Penn if he beats Florian
Recently signed lightweight, Takanori Gomi, who has beaten high caliber fighters such as: Aurelio, Sakurai, Kawajiri, Pulver and Costa, has signed on to fight one of the best lightweights in the world Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night which takes place on March 31st. In a recent interview UFC President Dana White said that if Gomi beats Florian he gets a shot at BJ Penn.
Takanori Gomi will almost certainly face BJ Penn in his second fight for the UFC, company president Dana White says, provided he gets past Kenny Florian first and Penn is still the lightweight champion after he fights Frankie Edgar on April 12th. “But BJ has a fight with Frankie Edgar in Abu Dhabi on 4/12 and Gomi still needs to fight Kenny. So until that happens we can’t make a decision. But I’ll tell you, if Gomi beats Kenny, I definitely will consider a match with BJ.”
If Gomi is able to defeat Florian many believe, including Dana White, it is going to get Gomi alot of attention from everyone including BJ Penn, resulting in a possible rematch between the king of lightweights and Gomi who was considered at one point one of the best lightweights in the world.