- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
- Video: Jon Jones & Anthony Johnson Prank Dana White With Fake Brawl
Georges St. Pierre: Confident he will return stronger than ever after injury
The news that Georges St. Pierre would be out for up to ten months came just hours before the UFC was to hold a press conference to build up interest in January’s UFC on FOX event in Chicago. At the start of the press conference UFC president Dana White made it clear that he was only interested in speaking about the Chicago event. However some questions did get asked about the status of the Welterweight champion.
White did not provide a great deal of information about St. Pierre, basically saying he was injured and out and Nick Diaz was now scheduled to face Carlos Condit for the interim welterweight title at UFC 143.
St. Pierre was forthcoming regarding his situation later in the day, the injury, sustained while wrestling, is a complete tear of his ACL and will require surgery to repair. Even though the injury will put St. Pierre on the shelf for a prolonged amount of time he is confident that he will return and when he does he will reclaim his spot as one of the best, “A few months ago I was on top of the world and I’m now I’m in a downfall. But you recognize a champion from how he comes back from things that don’t go well. Everybody that says bad things and says bad stuff about me right now, mark my words. I’m going to tell you right now, I’m in a downfall in my life, but in a few months, I’ll be back stronger than ever, and I will be champion again. I promise.” – for more see MMAFighting.com
Georges St. Pierre before his fight with Matt Hughes during UFC 79 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, December 29, 2007. Photo credit: Francis Specker