- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
Georges St. Pierre: Confident he will return stronger than ever after injury
The news that Georges St. Pierre would be out for up to ten months came just hours before the UFC was to hold a press conference to build up interest in January’s UFC on FOX event in Chicago. At the start of the press conference UFC president Dana White made it clear that he was only interested in speaking about the Chicago event. However some questions did get asked about the status of the Welterweight champion.
White did not provide a great deal of information about St. Pierre, basically saying he was injured and out and Nick Diaz was now scheduled to face Carlos Condit for the interim welterweight title at UFC 143.
St. Pierre was forthcoming regarding his situation later in the day, the injury, sustained while wrestling, is a complete tear of his ACL and will require surgery to repair. Even though the injury will put St. Pierre on the shelf for a prolonged amount of time he is confident that he will return and when he does he will reclaim his spot as one of the best, “A few months ago I was on top of the world and I’m now I’m in a downfall. But you recognize a champion from how he comes back from things that don’t go well. Everybody that says bad things and says bad stuff about me right now, mark my words. I’m going to tell you right now, I’m in a downfall in my life, but in a few months, I’ll be back stronger than ever, and I will be champion again. I promise.” – for more see MMAFighting.com
Georges St. Pierre before his fight with Matt Hughes during UFC 79 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, December 29, 2007. Photo credit: Francis Specker