- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
George Sotiropoulos submits Joe Lauzon via Kimura in Round 2
UFC Lightweight contender George Sotiropoulos made a huge statement for a shot at the title, by beating Joe Lauzon via Kimura in Round 2. It’s Sotiropoulos’s seventh consecutive victory inside the Octagon, holding an overall MMA record of 14-2.
In Round 1, it was Lauzon who had a better start, connecting with a couple of good striking combinations. Lauzon also managed to defend the majority of Sotiropoulos’s takedowns, forcing the Greek-Australian to play into his game on the feet. We got the first taste of things to come in the end of the first round, when Sotiropoulos got into a full mount, but again, Lauzon defended well and got out of the danger.
We saw a completely different Joe Lauzon in Round 2, as George Sotiropoulos started to connect on his feet with jabs and 1-2 combos. Lauzon’s breathing was heavy, allowing Sotiropoulos to take him down, do his thing on the ground and walk away with an impressive Kimura victory.
George Sotiropoulos is expected to at least co-headline UFC 127, which will take place in Sydney, Australia. My suggestion: Sean Sherk.