- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Frankie Edgar discusses his injuries, reveals his corner nearly threw in the towel at UFC 125
UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar, who is expected to put his title on the line against Gray Maynard for the second time this Fall, discusses the match-up and provides an update on his injuries. Edgar explains that he is feeling a lot better and hopes to make his return in October. “The Answer” also looks back on his January bout with Maynard and admits that his boxing trainer, Mark Henry, nearly threw in the towel during the opening round.
After fighting to a draw at UFC 125, Edgar and Maynard were set to settle the score at last month’s UFC 130 before injuries forced both the champ and challenger to withdraw from the bout. While no official date has been set at this time, the match-up is expected to take place later this year and will mark the third time they’ve met inside the octagon. Photo: Francis Specker