- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
Frankie Edgar discusses his injuries, reveals his corner nearly threw in the towel at UFC 125
UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar, who is expected to put his title on the line against Gray Maynard for the second time this Fall, discusses the match-up and provides an update on his injuries. Edgar explains that he is feeling a lot better and hopes to make his return in October. “The Answer” also looks back on his January bout with Maynard and admits that his boxing trainer, Mark Henry, nearly threw in the towel during the opening round.
After fighting to a draw at UFC 125, Edgar and Maynard were set to settle the score at last month’s UFC 130 before injuries forced both the champ and challenger to withdraw from the bout. While no official date has been set at this time, the match-up is expected to take place later this year and will mark the third time they’ve met inside the octagon. Photo: Francis Specker