- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Eddie Alvarez: UFC fighters are not necessarily better
“They’re only important names why? Because they fight for the UFC. Or else they’d be nobodies. The UFC does a great job of pushing them, and they’re popular. It doesn’t mean they’re talented. It just means they’re known. I guarantee that if you put them in a tournament structure like Bellator, they’re not going to win it every time. Gray Maynard? Kenny Florian? All these guys, they’re UFC fighters, that’s all. They’re pushed by the UFC, but when they leave the UFC, they’re forgotten. When’s the last time you heard Josh Neer’s name? You haven’t. When’s the last time you heard about Roger Huerta? You haven’t. They’re no ones anymore. What were they two years ago? They were superstars.” - SI.com
Bellator Lightweight Champion will look to prove a point this weekend at Bellator 39, defending his title against the Lightweight Tournament Winner Pat Curran. Alvarez is 21-2 in his Mixed Martial Arts career, losing only to Shinya Aoki and Nick Thomson. The Silent Assassin is currently ranked as #5 Lightweight in the World, according to LowKick.com Community MMA Rankings.
Bellator 39 will take place this Saturday at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The event will air LIVE on MTV2, starting at 9p/8c.