- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
Ed Soares matchmaking again: Chael Sonnen should fight Demian Maia first
Brazilian manager Ed Soares reacted to Chael Sonnen’s comments regarding Anderson Silva and his credibility, stating that “no one knows who Sonnen is” and that he should prove his worth against Demian Maia first. Soares manages most of the Brazilian fighters in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, which makes him a very “heavy” figure when it comes to matchmaking:
“We’ve spoken with Chael on many occasions and have the utmost respect for him. He’s never really come across in this manner, and it’s obvious he’s just drumming up hype in hopes to get a bout with Anderson. We are fine if this is what the UFC wants, but if you look at this logistically, Sonnen should fight Demian Maia first. Demian beat up easily, by submission, so why not make them fight first, to determine who gets a shot at the title? It’s funny, but really, who actually listens to what Chael Sonnen has to say?
The only time people listen is when he talks about Anderson. Who is he, really? If you walk down the street and you mention his name, does anyone really know who this guy is? Likely not, but if you mention Anderson Silva, people know the name. Chael’s also said a few things about Anderson’s choice of clothes and that he wears earrings, didn’t he? Sounds to us like he may have a crush on Anderson.”
Last time Ed Soares intervened in matchmaking decisions is when Dan Henderson brutally knocked out Michael Bisping. Soares suggested that Henderson should face Nate Marquardt first, which led to a dispute between Hendo and the UFC management. Only time will tell how Dana White will react to Soares’ statements and what will be Anderson Silva’s position in the promotion after the UFC Middleweight Title fight against Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort.