- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Ed Soares on Big Nog’s loss
Fresh from his clients loss at UFC 110 loss, Ed Soares was quick to comment on a few things regarding Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
Soares spoke highly of Valasquez;
“It’s a breath of fresh air to see a guy like Cain moving up the ranks,” Soares said. “I see a lot of similarities in him and Nogueira as far as their work ethic and how humble they are. He’s a great guy, and congratulations to him. He fought a great fight and came in with a great strategy. Everyone really believed that Cain was going to shoot and ground and pound from the guard,” he added.
He aslo dispelled any rumours of big nog’s retirement, as well as taking the opportunity to critisize the critics, if you will;
“These fans love the sport so much,” he said. “Well, they should really analyze the things that they say, because at the end of the day, these guys are human, too. I read some of the stuff that people put on the Underground and forums, and people need to realize—whether it’s Nogueira, whether it’s one of our fighters or not one of our fighters—that these people are human too and they have feelings and it’s not cool.”
Regarding His Future he said;
“He gets back on the horse and fights some more people. It could happen to anybody,” said Soares.