- NAC Director Doubts Tim Kennedy’s UFC 178 Loss Will Be Overturned
- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
Ed Soares: Anderson Silva still has two or three years in MMA
Just one year ago speculations ran over the media about the future of the UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. According to the reports, Silva felt that he has accomplished everything in Mixed Martial Arts and decided to try his luck in Professional Boxing, but this time his manager Ed Soares stated that Silva has still plenty to to give in MMA:
“I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible,” Soares said. “I think Anderson’s got a good two, three years probably. He’s got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more. He doesn’t take too much damage, and the fact that he doesn’t take damage in the fights, it’s really more or less the training.
Ed Soares also stated that Anderson Silva could fight in any weight, whether it is Middleweight, Light Heavyweight or even Heavyweight. According to Soares Silva will look to leave a legacy in Mixed Martial Arts by facing the best fighters, regardless of their weight:
“I believe the last fights of his career will definitely be big fights. That’s what he wants, to have the big fights, regardless of what the weight is,” Soares commented. “Whether it’s at light heavyweight, whether it’s at heavyweight, whether it’s at a catchweight, doesn’t make a different. He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together.”
Anderson Silva is scheduled to face Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort at the stacked UFC 112 card in Abu Dhabi, but the rumors of the possible mega-fight with the undisputed Welterweight King Georges St Pierre, and a possible Heavyweight bout against Frank Mir are swirling around Anderson Silva.>