- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57 Joe Benavidez vs Dustin Ortiz Highlights
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Bonuses: Frankie Edgar Pockets Extra $50,000
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Fight Night 57 Main Card Results: Frankie Edgar Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Metamoris 5 Results: Gracie vs Sakuraba Ends In Draw
- UFC Fight Night 57 Preliminary Card Results: VanZant Tops Curran
Duane Ludwig suffers severe ankle break.
Duane “Bang” Ludwig is a fighter that, in the words of UFC president Dana White, “always brings it, he always comes to fight.” He walked into the Octagon on the preliminary portion of Sunday night’s UFC on Versus 1 fight card at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colo., ready to fight, but unfortunately wasn’t able to walk back out.
Less than a minute into the bout, his opponent, Darren Elkins, shot the takedown. He landed it, but in the process, Ludwig’s left leg folded back underneath him, twisting his ankle at a grotesque angle, as he landed on his back.
Ludwig immediately voiced the issue to Elkins, who quickly backed off.
The replays almost appeared as if Ludwig broke his leg at a point in the lower portion of his shin, but that turned out not to be the case. It was initially relayed that he dislocated his ankle.
His camp later confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that Ludwig suffered a severe break to his ankle. The full extent of the injury isn’t clear at this time, but he will visit a specialist on Monday to verify the severity of the injury and determine the appropriate steps for recovery.
The members of his camp are fairly certain that he will require surgery, but will await Monday’s examination to determine the next course of action.