- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Duane Ludwig suffers severe ankle break.
Duane “Bang” Ludwig is a fighter that, in the words of UFC president Dana White, “always brings it, he always comes to fight.” He walked into the Octagon on the preliminary portion of Sunday night’s UFC on Versus 1 fight card at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colo., ready to fight, but unfortunately wasn’t able to walk back out.
Less than a minute into the bout, his opponent, Darren Elkins, shot the takedown. He landed it, but in the process, Ludwig’s left leg folded back underneath him, twisting his ankle at a grotesque angle, as he landed on his back.
Ludwig immediately voiced the issue to Elkins, who quickly backed off.
The replays almost appeared as if Ludwig broke his leg at a point in the lower portion of his shin, but that turned out not to be the case. It was initially relayed that he dislocated his ankle.
His camp later confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that Ludwig suffered a severe break to his ankle. The full extent of the injury isn’t clear at this time, but he will visit a specialist on Monday to verify the severity of the injury and determine the appropriate steps for recovery.
The members of his camp are fairly certain that he will require surgery, but will await Monday’s examination to determine the next course of action.