- Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim Added To UFC 187
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
- UFC 184 Medical Suspensions: Raquel Pennington Among Six With 180-Day Sits
- Daniel Cormier Believes Anthony Johnson Shouldn’t Play Games With Jon Jones
- Gracie Breakdown – UFC 184 Submissions
- UFC 184: MMA Community Reacts On Twitter
Dennis Siver chokes out Andre Winner in the First Round
Local hero Dennis Siver made the fans at the König Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany proud, by knocking down and then submitting Andre Winner via a Rear Naked Choke at the co-main event attraction of the night.
Siver and Winner set up a very fast pace to the fight, exchanging blows in the middle of the Octagon. Andre Winner was unable to utilize his reach advantage, missing hard left hooks that sent him directly to the canvas. At first, Siver looked to finish the fight via strikes, but the veteran kickboxer decided to go for a Rear Naked Choke submission, quickly getting control over Andre Winner’s back. The Englishman managed to survive, but not for too long, as Siver continued to apply pressure and forced the TUF 9 Finalist to tap out.
Siver is now on a two-fight winning streak in the UFC, holding an overall MMA record of 17-7. Charles Oliveira could be a great opponent for Siver, as the winner would surely advance in the UFC Lightweight ranks.