- WSOF 19 Gaethje vs. Palomino Results: Hamill Out With Illness
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Dana White: Akiyama wants to fight Wanderlei Silva
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed at the UFC 110 post-fight press conference that Silva’s next opponent could be the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama.
White revealed that Akiyama wants to fight “The Axe Murderer” more than anyone else in the UFC, as Silva is still very popular in Japan. Yoshihiro Akiyama, who defeated Alan Belcher via Split Decision at UFC 100, will look to solidify his place in the upper ranks of the UFC Middleweight Division with a victory over Wanderlei Silva.
Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1 MMA) is a two-time Asia Judo Champion who holds notable victories over Melvin Manhoef and Denis Kang before arriving in the UFC. According to rumors, the bout could take place at UFC 115 as the co-main event for Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz III blockbuster.