- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Ratings! UFC Fight Night 57 Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers
- Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta Added To UFC 183
- Renan Barao Challenges T.J. Dillashaw To Fight Him In Brazil
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Dana White: Akiyama wants to fight Wanderlei Silva
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed at the UFC 110 post-fight press conference that Silva’s next opponent could be the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama.
White revealed that Akiyama wants to fight “The Axe Murderer” more than anyone else in the UFC, as Silva is still very popular in Japan. Yoshihiro Akiyama, who defeated Alan Belcher via Split Decision at UFC 100, will look to solidify his place in the upper ranks of the UFC Middleweight Division with a victory over Wanderlei Silva.
Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1 MMA) is a two-time Asia Judo Champion who holds notable victories over Melvin Manhoef and Denis Kang before arriving in the UFC. According to rumors, the bout could take place at UFC 115 as the co-main event for Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz III blockbuster.