- Frank Mir: I Really Don’t Know If I’ll Return
- UFC Rankings Update: Andrei Arlovski Storms Into Top 10
- Tate Looking For Rematch With Zingano With Win Over Nakai
- Alistair Overeem Welcomes All Comers For Next Opponent
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Wants Title, Picks Cerrone Over Alvarez
- UFN 51 Main Card Recap: Arlovski Avenges Loss To “Bigfoot”
Dana White: Akiyama wants to fight Wanderlei Silva
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed at the UFC 110 post-fight press conference that Silva’s next opponent could be the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama.
White revealed that Akiyama wants to fight “The Axe Murderer” more than anyone else in the UFC, as Silva is still very popular in Japan. Yoshihiro Akiyama, who defeated Alan Belcher via Split Decision at UFC 100, will look to solidify his place in the upper ranks of the UFC Middleweight Division with a victory over Wanderlei Silva.
Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1 MMA) is a two-time Asia Judo Champion who holds notable victories over Melvin Manhoef and Denis Kang before arriving in the UFC. According to rumors, the bout could take place at UFC 115 as the co-main event for Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz III blockbuster.