- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Dana White: Akiyama wants to fight Wanderlei Silva
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed at the UFC 110 post-fight press conference that Silva’s next opponent could be the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama.
White revealed that Akiyama wants to fight “The Axe Murderer” more than anyone else in the UFC, as Silva is still very popular in Japan. Yoshihiro Akiyama, who defeated Alan Belcher via Split Decision at UFC 100, will look to solidify his place in the upper ranks of the UFC Middleweight Division with a victory over Wanderlei Silva.
Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1 MMA) is a two-time Asia Judo Champion who holds notable victories over Melvin Manhoef and Denis Kang before arriving in the UFC. According to rumors, the bout could take place at UFC 115 as the co-main event for Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz III blockbuster.