- Dana White Says John Lineker And Kelvin Gastelum Will Be Forced To Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Dana White: Jones is not ready for a title shot just yet
Jon “Bones” Jones is coming off the biggest win in his career, when he defeated Brandon Vera via TKO in the first round at UFC Versues: Jones Vs Vera. Jones holds a record of 10-1 with the only loss coming in the form of a disqualification because Jones landed a illegal elbow to Hamill cutting Hamill open. Even though it has been a meteoric rise for the young superstar, Dana White feels he is not ready for a title shot just yet.
“I’d like to see him get another year under his belt,” White said following the first UFC event on the Versus network. “And in that year, before he gets a shot at the title, he’d have to take out Rashad, Rampage, possible Shogun or Machida, and then get the title shot.”
For now, Jon Jones’ future is full of promises and there are only good things to come for this young 22 year old fighter.