- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Dana Discusses Valasquez vs Lesnar
Speaking after Cain Valasquez’s UFC 110 win against Big Nog, it seems we as fans, weren’t the only ones shocked by the result;
“I didn’t see it coming,” UFC President Dana White admitted after the bout. “I thought that was going to be a back-and-forth and entertaining fight, and Cain Velasquez went out and absolutely finished him and looked completely dominant and looked, in my opinion, better than he’s ever looked. The kid gets better every time he fights.”
Velasquez finds himself possibly in line for a title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. White had announced last month that Lesnar would defend his title this summer against the winner of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin interim title match at UFC 111. If either Mir or Carwin is injured, Lesnar would then face Velasquez. White reiterated those comments during the UFC 110 post-fight press conference last night.
“We’ll see what happens with Mir and Carwin… see who wins that. If the guys come out unscathed, they’ll fight for the title,” said White. “If not, then Cain Velasquez will get that slot.”