- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
Dana Discusses Valasquez vs Lesnar
Speaking after Cain Valasquez’s UFC 110 win against Big Nog, it seems we as fans, weren’t the only ones shocked by the result;
“I didn’t see it coming,” UFC President Dana White admitted after the bout. “I thought that was going to be a back-and-forth and entertaining fight, and Cain Velasquez went out and absolutely finished him and looked completely dominant and looked, in my opinion, better than he’s ever looked. The kid gets better every time he fights.”
Velasquez finds himself possibly in line for a title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. White had announced last month that Lesnar would defend his title this summer against the winner of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin interim title match at UFC 111. If either Mir or Carwin is injured, Lesnar would then face Velasquez. White reiterated those comments during the UFC 110 post-fight press conference last night.
“We’ll see what happens with Mir and Carwin… see who wins that. If the guys come out unscathed, they’ll fight for the title,” said White. “If not, then Cain Velasquez will get that slot.”