- UFC 179 Prelims Results: Neil Magny Makes It 5-0 In 2014
- UFC 179 Live Results From Rio de Janeiro
- UFC 179 Post Fight Press Conference Video
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Dana Discusses Valasquez vs Lesnar
Speaking after Cain Valasquez’s UFC 110 win against Big Nog, it seems we as fans, weren’t the only ones shocked by the result;
“I didn’t see it coming,” UFC President Dana White admitted after the bout. “I thought that was going to be a back-and-forth and entertaining fight, and Cain Velasquez went out and absolutely finished him and looked completely dominant and looked, in my opinion, better than he’s ever looked. The kid gets better every time he fights.”
Velasquez finds himself possibly in line for a title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. White had announced last month that Lesnar would defend his title this summer against the winner of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin interim title match at UFC 111. If either Mir or Carwin is injured, Lesnar would then face Velasquez. White reiterated those comments during the UFC 110 post-fight press conference last night.
“We’ll see what happens with Mir and Carwin… see who wins that. If the guys come out unscathed, they’ll fight for the title,” said White. “If not, then Cain Velasquez will get that slot.”