- UFC Fight Night 57 LowKick Staff Predictions
- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Video & Results
- UFC 181 Free Fight: Georges St. Pierre Squeaks By Johny Hendricks
- Vitor Belfort Passes Random NSAC Drug Test
- Will Weidman vs. Belfort Actually Happen At UFC 184?
- Joe Rogan Calls Ronda Rousey “Once Ever” Fighter
- Bobby Green Thinking About Retiring After UFC Fight Night 57
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
Dana Discusses Valasquez vs Lesnar
Speaking after Cain Valasquez’s UFC 110 win against Big Nog, it seems we as fans, weren’t the only ones shocked by the result;
“I didn’t see it coming,” UFC President Dana White admitted after the bout. “I thought that was going to be a back-and-forth and entertaining fight, and Cain Velasquez went out and absolutely finished him and looked completely dominant and looked, in my opinion, better than he’s ever looked. The kid gets better every time he fights.”
Velasquez finds himself possibly in line for a title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. White had announced last month that Lesnar would defend his title this summer against the winner of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin interim title match at UFC 111. If either Mir or Carwin is injured, Lesnar would then face Velasquez. White reiterated those comments during the UFC 110 post-fight press conference last night.
“We’ll see what happens with Mir and Carwin… see who wins that. If the guys come out unscathed, they’ll fight for the title,” said White. “If not, then Cain Velasquez will get that slot.”