- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Dan Henderson wants a Title Unification Bout in the UFC
Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Dan “Hendo” Henderson shared his thoughts about what’s next for him, expressing an interest in title unification bout in the UFC. Henderson currently finds himself as a free agent, after finalizing his Strikeforce contract witha TKO victory over Fedor Emelianenko at last month’s Strikeforce fight card.
But according to 41 year-old “Hendo”, this is just the beginning:
“I’m ready to fight, and I think I’m a valuable asset to make some money with also, and they know that. I’m not worried about what’s going to happen. I’d like to try and fight in December. Take another month off or so and get back to training. [...] I think the biggest fight they could promote is probably a title unification with whoever is the champ in the UFC. I think for them to utilize the best potential to make money for everybody, I think they’d have to have Rashad wait it out one more fight.” – MMAWeekly.com Radio
Henderson went 3-1 in Strikeforce, losing to Jake Shields and defeating Renato Sobral, Rafael Cavalcante and Fedor Emelianenko. His record in the UFC is a little bit less impressing, 3-2, with victories over Rich Franklin, Michael Bisping, Rousimar Plahares, and losses to Anderson Silva and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.
Dan Henderson is currently 28-8 in his Mixed Martial Arts campaign, competing since 1997.
So what do you think, LowKick’ers, what should be next for Dan Henderson? Unification bout against the winner of Jones vs. Jackson or a number one contender bout with “Suga” Rashad Evans? Or maybe Dan Henderson should stay in Strikeforce? Use your keyboard.
Further Reading: Dan Henderson wants UFC return