- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Chan Sung Jung steps in to replace Nam Phan, faces Leonard Garcia at Fight Night 24
One highly anticipated rematch has been replaced with another, as the “Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung has agreed to step in for Nam Phan, who was forced to withdraw due to an undisclosed injury, and will now face Leonard Garcia at UFC Fight Night 24.
UFC officials announced the change earlier today, confirming also that the bout will remain a part of the main card line-up.
Jung (10-3) will look to get his first U.S. victory following back-to-back losses in the WEC, which included a controversial split-decision defeat against Garcia in his debut. Though the match-up earned the “Korean Zombie” a “Fight on the Night” bonus, as well as several “Fight of the Year” awards, his following bout ended in dramatic fashion, as he was knocked out by George Roop just over a minute into the second-round. Facing the dreaded three-fight losing streak, Jung will look to set the record straight with a victory over the Jackson’s MMA product.
Garcia, meanwhile, has went the distance in his past six fights, narrowly winning three by split-decision, posting one draw, and losing the remaining two. Though he was victorious in his most recent effort against Nam Phan at the TUF-12-Finale”>TUF 12 Finale, the split decision was so highly contested that the promotion had no choice but to reward Phan with his win bonus and schedule a rematch.
Ultimate Fight Night 24 is set to take place March 26th from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington. Headlining the card will be a Light Heavyweight clash between Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and rising prospect Phil Davis, while Anthony “Rumble” Johnson makes his return in the co-main event, taking on former Welterweight title contender Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy.