- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12 Results: Souza Becomes New Strawweight Champion
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
Chael Sonnen won’t be at his best against Brian Stann, cites Ring Rust
The concern of ring rust was on everyone’s mind when Evans stepped into the cage in Philadelphia, but after the fight ended Evans looked no worse for wear after earning the second round TKO win over Ortiz.
Sonnen recently spoke to ESPN’s MMA Live and addressed his time away from the Octagon. “I forgot what it’s like. I forgot what it’s like to be sore every day and tired every day and living life uncomfortable due to the training regiment.” Sonnen later added,” You push as hard as you can, but look, ring rust is a real thing. It’s going to be a step back. I won’t be at my best on that night, and I’m not gonna lie to myself and make believe that I will be.”
The question here LowKick’ers is, is Sonnen really going to be rusty or are the statements gamesmanship?
Further Reading: Anderson Silva’s toughest tests in the UFC