- Christy Mack On Mend, Tweets Pictures Of Injuries
- Ronda Rousey Wants Bethe Correia Fight In Brazil
- What’s Next For The Resurgent Andrei Arlovski?
- UFC Fight Night 51: Andrei Arlovski vs. Bigfoot Silva Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 51 Post-Fight Bonuses: Arlovski Banks $50,000 For First Round Finish
- WSOF 13 Results & Highlights: Marlon Moraes Smashes Cody Bollinger
- UFN 51 Main Card Recap: Arlovski Avenges Loss To “Bigfoot”
- UFC Fight Night 51 Prelims Results: “Pepey” Finishes Fast
Bisping: I have to go out there and take my respect
During the Pre-event press conference in Sydney, Australia, Wanderlei and Bisping got into a war of words.
Wanderlei, who will be making his middleweight debut on feb 20th said that hes “going to kick his (Bisping) ass”. Bisping felt he had said nothing to disrespect Wanderlei and did not know where the hate was coming from.
“I think it’s funny,” Bisping said. “I haven’t said two words to the guy, but a lot of animosity has seemed to have built up. Right from the start, I saw blogs on the internet, him saying various things and laughing and poking fun. He seems to think I’ve been disrespectful towards him. I’ve got nothing but respect for Wanderlei. How can you not respect a guy like that who’s had the career he’s had.”
War of words continued as Bisping pointed out to Wanderlei that he needs to win fights in this bussiness or else he’s going to have to retire, to which Wanderlei had no response.
The argument got really heated when Bisping interrupted Wanderlei’s answer to which Wanderlei had this to say;
“Shut up,” Silva countered. “I feel good. I feel happy. I feel comfortable in this new division. You guys will look at my performance, and he’ll be retired after this.”
When asked why he disliked Bisping so much, Wanderlei responded by saying “Everybody don’t like him.” To which Bisping responded “Fortunately, I couldn’t give a [expletive].”
The fight takes place on Feb 20th on UFC 110 and if this post-event interview can tell us anything it is that this match is going to provide us with fireworks.