- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Bisping compares Wanderlei to Chris Leben
Michael “The Count” Bisping took time out of training to speak to the British newspaper Daily Telegraph, to discuss his upcoming match up with Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva at the co-main event of UFC 110 in Australia, on February 20th:
“Stylistically, the fight may be similar to the one I had with Chris Leben in October 2008. Leben was a tough, aggressive guy with some highlight reel knockouts on his record and he really brought the fight to me. He also throws similarly wild and looping punches to Wanderlei.
I had to use my speed and straighter punches to beat Leben and the same thing may come into play with Wanderlei. I’d say Wanderlei is a bit quicker and more explosive than Leben overall. Obviously the plans won’t be the same, but in terms of style there are similarities between the two of them. I’m not going to fight Wanderlei the way I did Leben, but I may draw on my fight with Leben to help me beat Wanderlei. Whichever way I have to fight, the end will be the same, my arm will be raised!”
Michael Bisping defeated Chris Leben ???via Unanimous Decision at the main event of UFC 89, more than a year ago. “The Crippler” Leben was tested positive for steroids after the fight and received a 9-months suspension from fighting.