- Junior Dos Santos: Alistair Overeem Isn’t As Buff As He Was Before
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
Big Nog Talks About Velasquez
Interim UFC Heavyweight and former PRIDE champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira took time out from his training, to talk about his upcoming fight with heavily touted contender Cain Valasquez, and how much he’s looking forward to it:
“I’m very excited for the fight. Wherever it goes, I’ll be ready. If he takes me down, we’re going for submissions. My jiu-jitsu will be 100 percent. King Mo is one the best wrestlers in America. We do a lot of single leg and double leg defense. I have a very good camp here. If I will have a rematch Frank Mir, it will be different. I’ll be in better shape and no injuries. I don’t like how Mir talks.
I come from Jiu-Jitsu. I come from Martial Arts. I train hard, and I respect my opponent. I will never say anything bad about my opponent. My opponent works hard so that’s my way. I don’t think he shows respect. I think I could fight until 37. I’m in really good shape. I’ll fight until my body tells me I can’t. I feel good. I’m going to do the best show possible.”
For Big Nog, this fight is a chance for him to capture the Heavyweight title, only previously holding the Interim belt, while for Valasquez, it’s his biggest test so far. The winner is expected to face off Brock Lesnar, with final details still pending the Mir – Carwin bout at UFC 111.