- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
BJ Penn knocks out Matt Hughes in 21 seconds
Former UFC Welterweight and Lightweight Champion BJ “The Prodigy” Penn bounced back from defeats against Frankie Edgar, with a flash KO victory over the Hall of Famer Matt Hughes.
Right off the start, Penn managed to connect with good jabs, before connecting with a powerful right hook, that knocked Matt Hughes down to the canvas. Penn delivered a finishing ground and pound, forcing the referee Dan Miragliotta to step in and stop the action at just 21 seconds in Round 1.
BJ Penn was very emotional (to say the least) in his post-fight interview, promising his fans more of “The Prodigy” in the UFC. It will be interesting to see if Penn decides to stay in Welterweight division, after getting a victory over someone, who was once considered as its undisputed King.
Photo: Tracy Lee for Yahoo! Sports