- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- Floyd Mayweather Defeats Manny Pacquiao To Unify Belts
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Antonio Silva: Alistair Overeem turns from a lion into a kitty when he gets hit
“A fight is a fight and anything can happen. They’re two very strong fighters, they’re at the top of their division but I don’t see how Overeem can beat Junior dos Santos. Overeem is (beating a lot of people), he’s a lion, but when (he gets hit) he becomes a kitty. When Junior first connects, Overeem’s spirit of a fighter will go to the dress room. I think it will be Junior with another knockout in his career.” – For more from Antonio Silva, visit Portal do Vale Tudo (transcription via BloodyElbow.com)
Alistair Overeem is a beast – as long as he doesn’t get hit.
At least, that’s Antonio Silva‘s take on the Dutchman. According to “Bigfoot,” Overeem goes from king of the jungle to purring pussycat anytime he takes one on the chin. Which is why Silva says he can’t envision the former Strikeforce champ surviving the hands of his training partner, Junior dos Santos.
Unbeaten since 2007, dos Santos scored his tenth career knockout victory when he dethroned Cain Velasquez back in November. Now set to make his first title defense against Overeem at UFC 146, he’ll look to add to that list of victims by handing “The Reem” his first defeat due to strikes in nearly five years. But, what do you think LowKick’ers? Can JDS tame the beast that is Overeem, or will the Brazilian fall prey to “The Demolition Man?”
Outer Photo: Heavy.com/MMA