- Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard Added To UFC 189
- Gunnar Nelson Returns Against John Hathaway At UFC 189
- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
Anthony Johnson pulls out of March bout
The welterweight grudge match between Johnson(8-3) and Howard(13-4) has been put on hold as ‘Rumble’ was forced to pull out due to a knee injury.The pair were scheduled to fight on the main card of “UFC on versus 1.Vera v Jones” which takes place on March 21st in Broomfield colo. The UFC has not officially announced Johnson’s withdrawal or if there has been a replacement fighter found to fight on 5 weeks notice.
Johnson has publicly bashed howard ever since his(howard’s) management turned down a 2009 bout with ‘rumble’ as they felt Howard was not evolved enough as a fighter yet to fight a highly ranked opponent such as Johnson.
‘(howard) said it was his management’s call that made him not accept the fight,’Johnson said in April 2009.’But at the end of the day you’re the one fighting,you’re the one thats gotta go out there and do the damn thing,not your management.’
Howard is yet to comment on Johnsons withdrawal and his camp were not available for comment.