- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
Anthony Johnson pulls out of March bout
The welterweight grudge match between Johnson(8-3) and Howard(13-4) has been put on hold as ‘Rumble’ was forced to pull out due to a knee injury.The pair were scheduled to fight on the main card of “UFC on versus 1.Vera v Jones” which takes place on March 21st in Broomfield colo. The UFC has not officially announced Johnson’s withdrawal or if there has been a replacement fighter found to fight on 5 weeks notice.
Johnson has publicly bashed howard ever since his(howard’s) management turned down a 2009 bout with ‘rumble’ as they felt Howard was not evolved enough as a fighter yet to fight a highly ranked opponent such as Johnson.
‘(howard) said it was his management’s call that made him not accept the fight,’Johnson said in April 2009.’But at the end of the day you’re the one fighting,you’re the one thats gotta go out there and do the damn thing,not your management.’
Howard is yet to comment on Johnsons withdrawal and his camp were not available for comment.