- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Anthony Johnson Out Of Versus 1: Vera vs Jones Due To Knee Injury
A welterweight grudge match between Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and John Howard (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been cancelled because Johnson suffered a knee injury during training and was forced to pull out of the fight.
Howard and Johnson where potentially supposed to fight early in 2009 but Howard’s management declined the fight because they wanted to build Howard up through other fights before fighting a highly-ranked fighter like Johnson. Johnson has publicly bashed Howard because of this and has stated that Howard is afraid to fight him.
This grude match was supposed to take place on March 21st but for now it is unofficial when these two will fight eachother.
The UFC has yet to officially announce a replacement opponent, who would be taking the fight on five-weeks’ notice.