- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Anthony Johnson Out Of Versus 1: Vera vs Jones Due To Knee Injury
A welterweight grudge match between Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and John Howard (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been cancelled because Johnson suffered a knee injury during training and was forced to pull out of the fight.
Howard and Johnson where potentially supposed to fight early in 2009 but Howard’s management declined the fight because they wanted to build Howard up through other fights before fighting a highly-ranked fighter like Johnson. Johnson has publicly bashed Howard because of this and has stated that Howard is afraid to fight him.
This grude match was supposed to take place on March 21st but for now it is unofficial when these two will fight eachother.
The UFC has yet to officially announce a replacement opponent, who would be taking the fight on five-weeks’ notice.