- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Anderson Silva’s Muay Thai coach expects a Knockout
Anderson Silva’s Muay Thai coach Daniel Worin discussed the fight against a fellow Brazilian, Vitor Belfort. Worin shared his expectations of what the fans will see when they Silva and Belfort meet at UFC 112. The Frenchman stated that the UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva will come prepared for Belfort with a huge technique advantage available at his disposal:
“Vitor Belfort is an excellent fighter, no one can miss this fight, but I think Anderson has more weapons and technique. He’ll come more prepared… Brazil can’t miss this fight. We don’t know if it’s going to have knockout because it’s really hard to say, but what I can say is that is going to be a beautiful fight to see because they are two great fighters.”
Despite the high confidence, Silva’s camp understand that the veteran Vitor Belfort can surprise Silva in virtually every give position. Vitor Belfort is a legit Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo with tons of experience:
“Vitor is dangerous, on the ground or standing up. He’s a complete fighter and we have to be careful on everything, there’s no easier situation. We have to prepare to everything when it’s about Vitor Belfort. I think he will try to exchange because he has a good boxing. It is hard to preview how this fight will go, but if they stand-up I will expect Anderson to knockout Vitor Belfort.”
Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort will headline UFC 112 that will take place in Abu Dhabi on April 10th. UFC 112 will be the first UFC card in an open arena with two UFC titles on the line, as BJ Penn will defend his UFC Lightweight Title against Frankie “The Answer” Edgar.