- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Anderson Silva’s trainer: "We prepare for war"
UFC Middleweight Champion and arguably the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, is preparing full time these days for another title defense against the former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, 19-8 Vitor Belfort.
Silva’s coach Josuel Distak, who also trained Vitor Belfort back in the day, analyzed the fight that will headline UFC 112 in an interview to the Brazilian website TATAME.com, stating that Anderson Silva is 100% healthy, and ready for anything “The Phenom” prepares for him:
“Anderson has already recovered, he’s ready and he’s training to keep our belt, whoever the opponent is. There is point in discussing Vitor’s gameplan… I trained him in the past, he changed. Anderson’s too, is an evolution sport. We’re training to keep our belt, I am completely sure that Anderson will win.”
Anderson Silva remains silent about his possible plan for Vitor Belfort, but Josuel Distak has a very good explanation for not discussing your plans prior to the fight:
“Look, I don’t know the strategy I’ll be doing, but ours we kept in secret. Let’s say that you’re preparing a war, so you can’t say your strategy or your target.”
Anderson “The Spider” Silva will fight Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort at UFC 112 on April 10th, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Silva has defended his belt for five consecutive times so far and is currently unbeaten in The Ultimate Fighting Championship.