- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Anderson Silva’s trainer: "We prepare for war"
UFC Middleweight Champion and arguably the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, is preparing full time these days for another title defense against the former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, 19-8 Vitor Belfort.
Silva’s coach Josuel Distak, who also trained Vitor Belfort back in the day, analyzed the fight that will headline UFC 112 in an interview to the Brazilian website TATAME.com, stating that Anderson Silva is 100% healthy, and ready for anything “The Phenom” prepares for him:
“Anderson has already recovered, he’s ready and he’s training to keep our belt, whoever the opponent is. There is point in discussing Vitor’s gameplan… I trained him in the past, he changed. Anderson’s too, is an evolution sport. We’re training to keep our belt, I am completely sure that Anderson will win.”
Anderson Silva remains silent about his possible plan for Vitor Belfort, but Josuel Distak has a very good explanation for not discussing your plans prior to the fight:
“Look, I don’t know the strategy I’ll be doing, but ours we kept in secret. Let’s say that you’re preparing a war, so you can’t say your strategy or your target.”
Anderson “The Spider” Silva will fight Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort at UFC 112 on April 10th, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Silva has defended his belt for five consecutive times so far and is currently unbeaten in The Ultimate Fighting Championship.