- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
- Anderson Silva & Shogun Rua Announced As TUF Brazil 4 Coaches
- Jimi Manuwa Injured, Ovince St. Preux To Fight Shogun
- Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano Moved To UFC 184 Co-Main Event
- Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury Official For UFC Fight Night 59, Moved To UFC 182
Anderson Silva admits to fighting Injured at UFC 134
Anderson Silva extended two of his UFC records by defeating Yushin Okami at UFC 134. The win gave him 9 straight UFC title defenses to go along with his 14-fight UFC winning streak. Silva was near perfect in the win, never allowing Okami to implement a single portion of his game plan during the fbout.
As dominant as he appeared during the two round fight, “The Spider” recently admitted that he was suffering from a training injury when he stepped into the cage on August 27 to face Okami.
“A month before the fight I injured my shoulder while training with Junior dos Santos and I was feeling a lot of pain in Rio. I’ve had to take some medicine and warn the athletic commission about it. I’ve talked to my doctors. I had an MRI and then I started feeling pains in my shoulder but the doctors let me go and said it was not that serious. It’s a small injury, but I guess it’s on the cuff and bothers me. I’ll rest for a while and get healed”. – From Tatame.com.