- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Alistair Overeem promises to send a dismantled Brock Lesnar back to WWE
“My mom is doing ok. She’s had cancer twice in the past, a very aggressive kind and it was a long ordeal for her and my family. … Recently, she had a check-up and the doctors found a couple of cells in her body that they were concerned about. That’s why I flew home. We’re a small family – it is me, my mother, my brother and my grandmother and that’s it. We all have to be there for each other and it was the right decision for me to abandon the idea of preparing in Las Vegas for my UFC 141 main event with Brock Lesnar.
But to my fans who are worried that I will not be 100 percent ready to rip Brock Lesnar apart on December 30 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, let me promise you: coming back to Holland for this camp will not be a factor at all. … I say to MMA fans, again, don’t worry, I will be sending this guy back to WWE for you.” – For more from Alistair Overeem, visit Yahoo! Sports
Professional wrestling fans rejoice! It appears Brock Lesnar could be headed back to World Wrestling Entertainment after all.
That is if Alistair Overeem has his way, of course, who promises to not only “rip Lesnar apart” on December 30th, but to send the remaining pieces back to the WWE. Such bold statements come following rampant rumors that the Dutchman would be forced out of his UFC debut against Lesnar due to – well, a number of different theories. While some speculated that Overeem had suffered an injury during training, others pointed to a more “juicy” possibility, suggesting that he had fled the States in order to evade a pre-fight drug test.
In response, Overeem took to his Yahoo! Sports blog to clarify his trip back to Holland, and assures fans that, despite the rumblings, he will be in attendance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena to face Lesnar at UFC 141. But, what do you think LowKick’ers? Could the conspiracy theorists be on to something? Will any of this have an affect on Overeem’s performance? And what about Lesnar, are his days as an “Ultimate Fighter” numbered?