- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Bonuses: Frankie Edgar Pockets Extra $50,000
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Fight Night 57 Main Card Results: Frankie Edgar Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Metamoris 5 Results: Gracie vs Sakuraba Ends In Draw
- UFC Fight Night 57 Preliminary Card Results: VanZant Tops Curran
Strikeforce’s Nov. 3 Card Loses Luke Rockhold & Sara McMann To Injuries
The nasty injury bug isn’t restricted to the UFC as it is now wreaking havoc throughout Strikeforce.
After dismantling September 29th’s card after losing Gilbert Melendez, the injury bug moved on to the November 3rd card in Oklahoma City and swiftly took out UFC heavyweight Frank Mir, who was scheduled to make the jump to Strikeforce to face Daniel Cormier. However, it wasn’t done tearing the card to shreds and claimed Luke Rockhold as its next victim.
The Strikeforce middleweight champion was scheduled to face Lorenz Larkin in the co-featured bout. But a wrist injury has forced him off of the card. The MMA Corner was the first to report on Rockhold’s injury, which now means that both the main event and co-main event are spoiled. Meanwhile, it is unknown whether Larkin will remain on he card.
Unfortunately, Rockhold isn’t the only one who fell to injury and is now off the card. Undefeated Sara McMann was set to face Liz Carmouche but has also been shelved due to an undisclosed injury according to MMA Weekly. There has been no word on whether Carmouche will remain on the card.
The better question now is whether there will be a Strikeforce card to watch on November 3rd. With Mir, Rockhold and McMann all on the shelf, there is hardly reason to believe that the promotion won’t seriously consider cancelling the event. With no replacement for Mir and Rockhold on the horizon, it is increasingly difficult to believe that suitable replacements will be found within the next couple of weeks.