- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fighters compensated for cancelled event
Strikeforce followed the footsteps of its big brother, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, by cancelling September 29th fight card in Sacramento, California, due to Gilbert Melendez‘s injury. El Nino was originally scheduled to fight Pat Healy, with sights on defending his title for the record-breaking 7th time in Strikeforce.
Today, it was announced (via MMAJunkie.com) that all Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fighters will be compensated for the decision to cancel the show.
Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy had 5 fights on the main card, and another 5 on the undercard.
The main card of the night included familiar names such as Jorge Santiago, Josh Thomson, and Caros Fodor, while the veterans Mike Kyle and Jorge Gurgel were expected to entertain the crowd on Showtime Extreme portion of the card.
ZUFFA refused to comment on the decision to compensate the fighters, but according to Josh Thomson‘s text message to MMAJunkie.com, the fighters are well-taken care of.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com. Read the full article at MMAjunkie.com.