- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 1
- Brian Bowles Arrested For Possession Of Methamphetamine
- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fighters compensated for cancelled event
Strikeforce followed the footsteps of its big brother, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, by cancelling September 29th fight card in Sacramento, California, due to Gilbert Melendez‘s injury. El Nino was originally scheduled to fight Pat Healy, with sights on defending his title for the record-breaking 7th time in Strikeforce.
Today, it was announced (via MMAJunkie.com) that all Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fighters will be compensated for the decision to cancel the show.
Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy had 5 fights on the main card, and another 5 on the undercard.
The main card of the night included familiar names such as Jorge Santiago, Josh Thomson, and Caros Fodor, while the veterans Mike Kyle and Jorge Gurgel were expected to entertain the crowd on Showtime Extreme portion of the card.
ZUFFA refused to comment on the decision to compensate the fighters, but according to Josh Thomson‘s text message to MMAJunkie.com, the fighters are well-taken care of.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com. Read the full article at MMAjunkie.com.