- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Luke Rockhold vs. Lorenz Larkin booked for January 12 Strikeforce event
Luke Rockhold will defend his Strikeforce middleweight title against Lorenz Larkin at the January 12 Strikeforce event in a location TBA.
Last month, an injury to Rockhold played a major part in shutting down the November 3rd Strikeforce show in Oklahoma City where Rockhold was scheduled to defend against Larkin. Shortly after Rockhold went down with a wrist injury, Strikeforce decided to can the entire card considering this fight and the main event between Frank Mir and Daniel Cormier was canceled because of an injury to Mir. Many wondered whether the organization would survive through 2013. The re-booking of this middleweight title fight shows some signs of life for the struggling promotion.
Rockhold holds a 10-1 MMA record and is coming off of an impressive decision victory over Tim Kennedy. Meanwhile, Larkin is officially unbeaten (13-0) despite being knocked out by Rockhold’s teammate Muhammad “King Mo” Lawal in January. That loss was overturned when Lawal tested positive for a banned steroid.
Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker promised a blockbuster cardl in January and this appears to be the first fight to kick things off. It is not known whether Daniel Cormier or Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez will also be added to the card but at least we know that there will be another Strikeforce event.