- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
Frank Mir injured, out of Strikeforce bout with Cormier
The UFC injury bug has just crossed over to its “sister” promotion. Former UFC Heavyweight champion Frank Mir has been forced to withdraw from his highly anticipated crossover match with Daniel Cormier in Strikeforce.
The news has been lighting up Twitter for the past hour:
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) September 19, 2012
The Strikeforce card on which Cormier and Mir were supposed to fight was scheduled for November 3 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mir is coming off a loss to UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos.
This was to be Cormier’s final fight with Strikeforce as the promotion was going to close out its Heavyweight division with this bout. Cormier would then have gone on to the UFC and a victory over Mir could have secured a title shot for Cormier in his Octagon debut.
It is unknown whether Cormier will face a new opponent or be removed from the card, completely.
The remainder of the card features a title fight between Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold and challenger Lorenz Larkin.