- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
- Breaking Down The UFC Pound-For-Pound Rankings
Daniel Cormier hoping Frank Mir fight rescheduled for January Strikeforce card
With November’s Strikeforce card going up in smoke, one has to wonder what the future will hold for the organization and one of it’s top heavyweight, Daniel Cormier.
It appears that the organization will continue with a January card, but Cormier is not sure whether he will be fighting on that card as of yet. He still owes the organization one more fight before an expected move to the UFC. However, he has yet to be told if he will get a chance to face Mir or someone else. The heavyweight grand prix winner spoke with AXS TV’s Inside MMA about the ordeal and where he fits in.
“I don’t have an opponent,” Cormier said. “Hopefully, Frank Mir is healed up and ready to go. I haven’t been told I’m fighting for sure, but if they’re promising a stacked card, I’m hoping I’m one of the guys they look at and you put [me] on the card and it becomes a little bit better.”
It’s difficult to see how Strikeforce can promise a stacked card and not have the Olympic wrestler on the card. But stranger things have happened in MMA for the past few months. Nevertheless, Cormier is in good spirits and doesn’t seem too concerned with possibly having to wait until January to fulfill his commitment to the organization.
“It’s what I owe to the organization and Showtime for all they’ve done for me. It wasn’t a negative (having to wait).”
Hopefully, Cormier gets the fight he deserves.