- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Cormier calls for Pat Barry to replace Frank Mir on November 3rd
Recently Strikeforce World Heavyweight Grand Prix winner Daniel Cormier has found himself in the news a lot due to his November 3rd fight rapidly approaching, with no opponent named. After Frank Mir endured a knee injury that forced him to withdraw, it was reported last weekend that Matt Mitrione was offered the bout with Cormier but turned down the UFC’s offer to go to Strikeforce. Cormier, however, had his own opponent in mind, and took to Twitter to call for this fight:
Pat Barry may not be a highly-ranked Heavyweight like Mir is, but one thing is for sure, he comes to fight every time out. While many would consider Daniel Cormier the massive favorite should this bout ever come to fruition, Barry is the definition of wild card. The fight has not been scheduled, but Barry offered his answer on his own Twitter, of course ready to bang should the fight opportunity arise:
What do you think? Would this be a Heavyweight bout you would want to watch? One has to admire Cormier’s fighting spirit in that he wants to put on a show for the fans, but what does he gain by beating the always entertaining Pat Barry?