- Happy Holidays From LowKick MMA & The UFC!
- Merry Christmas Zuffa! Vera & Garza File Class Action Suit
- Have Wrestlers Taken Over MMA For Good?
- Donald Cerrone On Anthony Pettis: The Son Of A B—- Beat Me
- UFC 182 Video Round Up: Free Fights & Previews
- Hector Lombard Says He Wants To Fight Michael Bisping
- Jose Aldo: We Practically Pay To Fight In The UFC
- Dominick Cruz Shoots Down Retirement Talk: I’m Not Going To Allow It To Stop Me
StrikeForce planning for an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament in 2011
Californian based MMA Promotion StrikeForce are set to hold an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament in 2011. The tournament is set to feature some of StrikeForce’s best known talent and will include their reigning Heavyweight Champion Alistair ”The Demolition Man” Overeem, who won the K-1 World Grand Prix last weekend in Saitama, Japan.
Alongside the Reem, fighters such as Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Fabricio Werdum, Big Foot Silva, Brett Rogers, Andrei Arlovski, and Sergei Kharitonov are all set the feature in the tournament. The fighters are all in negotiations about taking part, it is unknown whether or not the scheduled bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Silva will serve as part of the tournament.
The tournament will take place over three different events, unlike some of the Grand Prix’s that take place in just one night. The Athletic commissions in America are very hesitant to approve of one night tournaments, so this shouldn’t be a problem for StrikeForce.
Stay tuned here on Lowkick.com for more news as it progresses!