- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
StrikeForce planning for an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament in 2011
Californian based MMA Promotion StrikeForce are set to hold an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament in 2011. The tournament is set to feature some of StrikeForce’s best known talent and will include their reigning Heavyweight Champion Alistair ”The Demolition Man” Overeem, who won the K-1 World Grand Prix last weekend in Saitama, Japan.
Alongside the Reem, fighters such as Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Fabricio Werdum, Big Foot Silva, Brett Rogers, Andrei Arlovski, and Sergei Kharitonov are all set the feature in the tournament. The fighters are all in negotiations about taking part, it is unknown whether or not the scheduled bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Silva will serve as part of the tournament.
The tournament will take place over three different events, unlike some of the Grand Prix’s that take place in just one night. The Athletic commissions in America are very hesitant to approve of one night tournaments, so this shouldn’t be a problem for StrikeForce.
Stay tuned here on Lowkick.com for more news as it progresses!