- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
StrikeForce planning for an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament in 2011
Californian based MMA Promotion StrikeForce are set to hold an 8 man Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament in 2011. The tournament is set to feature some of StrikeForce’s best known talent and will include their reigning Heavyweight Champion Alistair ”The Demolition Man” Overeem, who won the K-1 World Grand Prix last weekend in Saitama, Japan.
Alongside the Reem, fighters such as Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Fabricio Werdum, Big Foot Silva, Brett Rogers, Andrei Arlovski, and Sergei Kharitonov are all set the feature in the tournament. The fighters are all in negotiations about taking part, it is unknown whether or not the scheduled bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Silva will serve as part of the tournament.
The tournament will take place over three different events, unlike some of the Grand Prix’s that take place in just one night. The Athletic commissions in America are very hesitant to approve of one night tournaments, so this shouldn’t be a problem for StrikeForce.
Stay tuned here on Lowkick.com for more news as it progresses!