- Contradiction! Anderson Silva Doesn’t Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
Quick Quote: Alistair Overeem says Vadim Finkelstein is "a coward"
Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem stated in an interview to MMAMania.com that the Fedor Emelianenko and M-1 Global are continuing to avoid him, refusing to accept his challenge for a fight against “The Last Emperor”. Overeem seemed frustrated with the situation, calling M-1 Global boss Vadim Finkelstein “a coward”:
“I am a risk to their whole organization. Vadim is embarrassing all the Russians. First not fighting Couture and now ducking me. At the same time he calls me a steroid bully in the Russian press. My manager will reply to that soon. But he still wants to fight fighters who have been caught three times using steroids! I will even wonder if Fedor is fighting in June. It always is a surprise party dealing with M-1.
Fedor, you are a great fighter and like many other great Russian fighters in history you do your talking in a ring or cage. Leave this M-1 circus and start fighting the best. It’s okay to lose sometimes but hiding makes you look like a coward, which Fedor is not, Vadim is!”
Alistair Overeem will defend his title against the 10-1 Brett Rogers at Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery on May 15th, returning to the United States after a three-year-long absence. “The Demolition Man” currently trains at the famous Golden Glory Gym in Amsterday, alongside fighters like Semmy Schilt, Errol Zimmerman, Marloes Coenen and Sergei Kharitonov.