- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
Fedor vs Werdum will go ahead in May
Despite rumors on the contrary, it has been announced by M-1 head Vadim Finkelstein at the M-1 Selection Eastern Europe press conference that Fedor Emilianenko’s next opponent will be BJJ ace Fabricio Werdum, and not Allistair Overeem.
Stories had been circulating that Fedor would take on current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Allistair Overeem, however given Fedor’s management have announced the fight it’s safe to assume that both fighters have at least verbally agreed to meet in a fight which Finkelstein says will go ahead in May, not April as was previously rumored.
This completely dispels all rumors surrounding Alaistar Overeem and his desire to fight the Last Emperor, despite refusing to fight in America, or defend his title since beating Paul Buentello in 2007. This also effectively still leaves Strikeforce without a Heavyweight Champion.
This announcement also ensures Strikeforce’s April event