- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Fedor vs Werdum will go ahead in May
Despite rumors on the contrary, it has been announced by M-1 head Vadim Finkelstein at the M-1 Selection Eastern Europe press conference that Fedor Emilianenko’s next opponent will be BJJ ace Fabricio Werdum, and not Allistair Overeem.
Stories had been circulating that Fedor would take on current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Allistair Overeem, however given Fedor’s management have announced the fight it’s safe to assume that both fighters have at least verbally agreed to meet in a fight which Finkelstein says will go ahead in May, not April as was previously rumored.
This completely dispels all rumors surrounding Alaistar Overeem and his desire to fight the Last Emperor, despite refusing to fight in America, or defend his title since beating Paul Buentello in 2007. This also effectively still leaves Strikeforce without a Heavyweight Champion.
This announcement also ensures Strikeforce’s April event