- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
- Photos: CM Punk’s First ‘MMA Fight Scrimmage’ At Roufusport
- Burt Watson Confirms Resignation From UFC After 14 Years
- Mousasi vs. Philippou, Magny vs. Lim Added To UFC Fight Night 66
- UFC 185 Free Fight: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim Added To UFC 187
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
Fedor vs Werdum will go ahead in May
Despite rumors on the contrary, it has been announced by M-1 head Vadim Finkelstein at the M-1 Selection Eastern Europe press conference that Fedor Emilianenko’s next opponent will be BJJ ace Fabricio Werdum, and not Allistair Overeem.
Stories had been circulating that Fedor would take on current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Allistair Overeem, however given Fedor’s management have announced the fight it’s safe to assume that both fighters have at least verbally agreed to meet in a fight which Finkelstein says will go ahead in May, not April as was previously rumored.
This completely dispels all rumors surrounding Alaistar Overeem and his desire to fight the Last Emperor, despite refusing to fight in America, or defend his title since beating Paul Buentello in 2007. This also effectively still leaves Strikeforce without a Heavyweight Champion.
This announcement also ensures Strikeforce’s April event