- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
Scott Coker confirms Fedor vs Werdum fight for June
Fedor Emelianenko who made his successful debut in Strikeforce by knocking out Brett Rogers in November of last year is now set to take on Fabricio Werdum. Fedor is considered one of the best pound for pound fighter in the world holds a record of 32-1-1, while Werdum is one of the most dangerous heavyweights in the world holds a record of 13-4-1. Strikeforce President, Scott Coker, had this to say:
“M-1 Global and Strikeforce entered into a three fight contract exclusive for Fedor to fight in a co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and as you know we did the first fight on Nov 7 in Chicago. Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum.”
Fedor is the biggest draw Strikeforce has and they are slowly building him up for a title shot. While, the current Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Overeem, is set to face Rogers for the heavyweight title. So, the rematch between Fedor and Roger could be possible for the future.